Kingston-upon-Hull Turkish Baths Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list

Kingston-upon-Hull Turkish Baths Company Limited
Company baths: HULL: 4 George Street

As handwriting is often unclear, all name transcriptions below are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, the original documents should be consulted.
PRO (Public Record Office) documents are at The National Archives, Kew.

TNA: PRO: BT31 1854/7288 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1863 Memorandum of Association: 9 May
Capital: 2,500 divided into 500 shares of 5
Hamilton, John Marris (1 shares) Merchant (Dir)
Holmes, John (20 shares) Yeast merchant (Dir)
Newton, Peter (4 shares) Stationer
Pool, William (5 shares) Coal merchant (Dir)
Wells, John (10 shares) Railway clerk (Dir)
Whitworth, Philip Henry (5 shares) Yeast merchant (Dir)
Wroat, Charles (5 shares) Tobacconist (Dir)

1874 Average number of shareholders: 34

1875 Registered Office: 4 George Street (1 February)
Average number of shareholders: 36 persons holding 227 shares
Sharp, Henry (1 share) Baths manager

1883 Extraordinary meeting: Winding up (4 July)
Liquidator: Isaac Dawson (Secretary)
[Sale of the Turkish baths to William Pool by the Liquidator]

1904 No returns were filed between the years 1883 and 1904
Dissolved under Clause 7(4): 7 October

This page last updated 04 November 2018


Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to:
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988

  Malcolm Shifrin, 1991-2022